Test week was okay. A few things I need to see:
- Training partners & communication. You need to put yourself in a situation where someone will push you. Alex wanted 405 on squats, I made him go 435 after he smoked 405. Sam might’ve stayed at 185 on Snatches Friday, I pushed him to 200 and got him out of his comfort zone. Chris checked in on me daily, ensuring I was staying gearless…came back on Saturday to make sure I was snatching in nanos, then came in on Sunday after the Seminar just to drag sleds with me for a bit so the day wasn’t a loss. We all need each other to pull this off – Hold someone else accountable each and everyday.
- When something says “Max Effort” – That means max effort. Class or extra, every single piece needs to be attacked with intention. I don’t feel that was the case last week and I’ve had to question some of our groups effort. I find questioning that to be unacceptable. A few things that should never be questioned: Your commitment, your effort, your attitude.
- Evaluate and be self-aware. Look back over your tests and workouts – Everyday should have some reflection with it. And each day that reflection should strengthen your resolve to your goal. If your reflections show that your actions aren’t meeting your goals, change your goals or adjust your actions. You’ve probably seen that quote changed around a million times, yet the lack of self-awareness in our society leads people down a path that is adverse to change, or acceptance of their current state.
- Some of you are doing an amazing job owning your own training, hitting the things you need to on your off days and extra time, committing to intentioned training and practice. I was very pleased to see the rest/recovery days utilized more wisely this week. We get Omar the Motivator and energy giver back this week from Ramadan, so please reach out to him to ensure his week goes well and he’s able to have training partners as he comes back into the group.
- Lastly, everyone’s goal (HOMEWORK) this week is to engage a new member of the week this week, learn about their life, job, family, hobbies and encourage them to do something beneficial with you at a later day. I.e. last week JC and I discussed his next month and what it will entail for him, what makes him nervous about going to Toledo for a month, and then invited him to do a 2k Warm-up w/ push-up warm-up with me. Engage others, bring them along for the ride, it will always pay itself back to you 10-fold. I want to hear about it, write it in comments, text it to me, or share it with me in person.